|roof windows ahead of their time|
|history of roof windows|
|flat roof skylights|
|in case of emergency|
Three main concerns about skylights:
When designing our products we implement features that clearly eliminated these concerns. FAKRO also eliminated the issue of outside condensation. In some cases this hidden condensation causes more damage than inside condensation and not many
people know about it.
1. OUR MOST POPULAR SIZES COME IN ONE PACKAGE WITH FLASHING FOR FLAT (I.e. shingles) ROOFING MATERIALS
By providing a special frame and installation system, FAKRO was able to insert the flashing for the skylight in the same box. This feature saves space in the store and prevents users from buying or delivering the wrong flashing. One SKU#, two items – lower shipping costs and less space for storage.
Box includes – skylight, flashing, 6+1 screws, drill bit, two metal pins, pencil, nails, installation instruction and safety tips.
2. TEMPLATE IS PROVIDED FOR EASY AND EXACT ROOF OPENING
Every skylight has its own template in order to cut an exact roof opening and provide the right dimensions for the skylight’s gasket to be settled on the roof deck.
3. NO BRACKETS and NO METAL ELEMENTS ATTACHED TO SKYLIGHT’S FRAME
A specially designed thicker frame allows easy installation while eliminating brackets and any metal components, which drastically minimizes any potential inside and outside frame condensation. Installer saves time during installation – 6 screws are needed (included) to fasten skylight through 6 pre-drilled holes.
FAKRO skylights have twice thicker frame than any other wooden skylight on the market. This allows us to:
4. GASKET BUILT ON THE UNDERSIDE OF THE WOODEN FRAME
Our skylights are insulated at the joints between the frame and the roof surface. Gasket of the frame is located on the underside of the wooden frame, which seals the unit to the roof deck during the installation process. This gasket protects against leaks and outside condensation. Thermal bridges are minimized and the gasket eliminates cost and time since it is already sealed between the frame and roof deck.
5. BETTER SIZING ELIMINATES NEED FOR ADDITIONAL DRYWALL SUPPORT
Our frame always has a drive for drywall beside the beams – no need to build an extra support for finishing the drywall (4 x 4 skylight saves about 2 hours of labor). Our skylights give more light – larger glass surface. Please see our sizes by visiting our North America websites.
6. EXTRA PROTECTION AGAINST CONDENSATION (NO DRIPPING WATTER)
Special internal gasket system eliminates the effects of condensation such as water dripping on the frame and drywall around the frame.
7. WARMER LOW PROFILE WINDOW WITH A BETTER INSULATION SYSTEM, WHICH LOWERS YOUR UTILITY BILL
Our low profile and thicker frame helps to save energy and allowed us to create a very long lasting product – green product.
8. INSIDE FRAME IS TWO TIMES COATED WITH AN ECOLOGICAL LACQURE
Builders and Homeowners save time and money – the frames on FAKRO skylights are already finished – the wooden frame is pressure treated and frame surface is painted and protected for many years to come. All the joints are sealed and painted – moisture can not seep into the corners on the inside of the skylight.
9. ONE PERSON INSTALLATION PROCEDURE
FAKRO units may be installed just by one person instead of two. During installation two pins are placed in the bottom corners of the skylight to hold it in place on the surface of the roof in the center of the opening.
FAKRO DESIGN IS SIMPLE BUT EFFECTIVE AND VERY PRACTICAL.
- suitable for roofs pitches between 15° and 85°
- made from pressure treated pine wood
- wider range of accessories specifically for skylights
- quick and easy to install - new installation system, no brackets!
- triple seal system
- manual opening and closing mechanism
- integrated electric control system
- triple seal system
- possibility of control by Switch ZKC (keyboard for electric skylights)